Easter time can be great fun for children. Following are some ideas you can use for an Easter Party, either at Easter time or during the year as a birthday as a friend did when her daughter wanted an Easter Bunny Party for her birthday.
- In the shape of an egg decorated with markers and glitter.
- In the shape of a rabbit.
- With a small basket to be brought to the party to collect eggs, prizes in.
- Have plenty of eggs eg: dyed hard-boiled eggs, cardboard shapes, plastic.
- Rabbits, chickens and ducks – stuffed toys, drawings.
- Pastel coloured balloons
- Egg hunt (plastic filled with small favours, decorated hard-boiled eggs or cardboard cutouts.
- Pin the tail on the rabbit, Bilby; put the egg in the basket.
- Relay races with eg: egg relay with an obstacle course (around the tree, up a small hill, under the table etc.
- Easter egg decorating – boiled eggs or paper/cardboard ones.
- Easter basket decorating
- Use modelling clay or pipe cleaner to make rabbits, chickens etc.
- Bunny masks or hats
- Use paper plates to make Easter Bonnets or check out our links to ideas.
- Make Cotton Ball Bunnies or chickens.
- Bunny Races: Have the children hop like a bunny from point A to point B.
- Activity relay separate the children into two teams, and they race to the pile of eggs, which have an action the children are to perform all the way back to their line. Eg: waddle like a duck, skip, hop like a bunny, etc.
- Baby carrots with dip
- Easter basket cupcakes, rabbit cupcakes.
- Vegetable and fruit platter
- Rabbit or basket shaped cake.
- Rabbit Pears. A pear half laid on a piece of lettuce, with raisins for eyes and nose, and cheese for ears.
- Make sandwiches into Easter shapes by using cookie cutters of ducks, rabbits, and sheep.
- Fruit juice or carrot juice to drink
Some more Easter Activities.