Keep it simple!
Two great suggestions:
A sausage sizzle
- very easy to prepare.
- Kids love it. –
- Bread, sauce, sausages.
Each child has his/her own Food Box –
- Coloured boxes are available from discount stores.
- Some suggestions for the box contents – a party pie, sausage roll, pizza slice, (100s and 1000s) Fairy bread, little cake, celery and carrot sticks, a bag of chips and a box drink.
- It is wise to have healthy treats as well as traditional party goodies to keep the food balanced and to check if any children have food allergies.
- When the children arrive at the party they can have a very light snack- some healthy finger food.
- Then when they have burnt up all their energy playing the games, it is time to gather them on a picnic rug or at the table to have the party goodies.
A great food activity
- Allow the children decorate their own cupcake.
- Have some sprinkles, smarties, small marshmallows, little toys on a tray.
- Then ask the kids to decorate their cake. .
- The same can be done with plain sweet biscuits.
We would like you to submit any favourite recipes or ideas, which we will put on to our web site – with our thanks and a credit to you – of course.
Food and Drink
The most important part of the party for children. Food can be as simple as a bar-b-que or as complicated as a three course meal.
To young children a decorated table, chips and drink make the party.
If there are children with allergies to eggs coming to the party then check out these recipes. Contact the parents first to make sure that they are suitable for their child.